The Project Controller's position is a Senior Position on the project for large projects so should be:
- Considered as a Project CFO.
- Accountable for the fulfillment of the financial and commercial requirements of the project.
- Could be assigned to multiple projects, depending on size and complexity.
1. Tender Stage:
a. Supports the tender manager by reviewing and advising the financial/commercial aspects;
b. Participates in contractual terms and conditions (client, consortia, subcontractors, suppliers), risk reviews, contract structuring and negotiations, tax issues, cash flow analysis, assignment conditions, etc;
c. Responsible for ensuring the credit worthiness of all parties i.e. customers, consortium partners, suppliers, sub-contractors.
2. Project Execution:
a. Prepares the Business Financial Execution Plan consistent with internal, contractual and regulatory objectives (projects > 100 MUSD);
b. Optimize project cash flow and manage the currency risk, tax issues, financial reporting, accounting, and project financing requirements;
c. Promotes commercial awareness in the project team and provides commercial input to the project execution plan;
d. Responsible for the project balance sheet and P&L;
e. Monitor the proper follow up on claims and back-charges;
f. Responsible for coordinating and initiating project audits;
g. Prepares project reviews, participates in risk mitigation actions and estimates to complete.
a. May supervise on a project basis, Project Accountants, Cost Engineers and Field Administrators.
4. Corporate governance, compliance, assurance, SOX:
a. Enforcement of group charter and country specific finance directives and instructions.
- Finance and business control expert with process orientation.
- Detail-oriented team player, ability to effectively adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good communication and negotiation skills required.
- Strong risk management skills.
- Minimum education requirement:
o Bachelor degree in finance or economics, or equivalent.
o Working knowledge of finance and accounting software.
- External: Customers, financial institutions (ECA's), external auditors, tax consultants.
- Internal: Peers, Accounting and Reporting, Finance and Tax, Legal and Compliance, Risk Management, Audit, Marketing & Sales.