Amazon is seeking a creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial person to join our exciting and fast-paced 3P team. We are looking for an inspiring Head of Seller Services to continue this growth story and drive one division of our UAE Marketplace Business to the next level.
This is how you will succeed:
>> Drive product selection and top-line growth:
· Define selection strategy and manage Seller and selection recruiting teams
· Increase business performance for new and existing Sellers
· Raise customer-facing quality bar for our Sellers through education and targeted account management post-launch
· Identify and drive recommendations for pricing opportunities
· Define and own local product and project management activities focused on generating long-term growth and be a key stakeholder for website-wide initiatives.
>> Continuously improve the Seller and Customer experience on Amazon:
· Provide thought leadership and identify opportunities for improving the Seller and Customer experience
· Identify, quantify, pilot, measure and implement scalable solutions
· Interact closely with respective Retail Category teams and central website functions in MENA, EU and US to understand, implement and shape feature, service or program improvements
· Align closely with other departments serving Sellers and Customers (e.g., Seller or Customer Support).
>> Comprehensively manage business performance:
· Own planning, analysis, reporting, performance auditing and putting the respective mechanisms in place
· Create, communicate and audit long-term plans, forecast and resource allocation
· Align goals with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Product Management, Operations).
>> Hire and develop top talent:
· Lead other leaders either through solid or dotted lines
· Hire, coach and promote top talents and create strong followership
· Establish team culture that aligns with the Amazon’s leadership principles
· Build an analytical capability in the team to enable the group to be self-reliant and make recommendations based on data and robust analysis.
· Top University degree, preferably in a business or technical / engineering discipline
· Proven track record in business development at scale covering sales and account management
· Extensive professional experience, ideally in complex and dynamic environment ideally in e-commerce, technology, FMCG, retail or top-management consulting
· Inspiring people manager and leader of leaders: experience in leading (ideally commercial) top-performing teams and managing change
· Strong combination of superior analytical skills, inventive-thought leadership, relentlessly high standards, and bias for action to get things done and remove obstacles
· Strong ability to operate in a matrix environment, collaborate with various stakeholders in different locales and functions effectively, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal senior executive communication style.
· MBA from a top-tier Business School
· Pricing and Product Management
· Previous general manager / managing director experience