Are you a talented Human Resources individual looking to join a diverse HR team in a multidisciplinary Architectural & Engineering organisation? This role is to be based in our Dubai (United Arab Emirates) Office.
Our Human Resources team contributes to the success of the company by providing operational leadership in planning, developing, implementing, promoting and evaluating the effectiveness of the organisations HR procedures and initiatives.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What we are looking for?
We are currently searching for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. This is a regional role that will provide support to our UAE, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar offices.
You are likely to have experience of operating in the capacity of a Human Resources Business Partner for a matrixed multinational organisation within architecture, engineering, or professional services. A thorough understanding of UAE, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar Labour Laws, with demonstrable case study understanding will enable you to manage the role in a legally defendable manner.
If you are flexible and open to change, able to persuade others to take on new ideas and ways of doing things, be able to take an objective view and challenge ideas in a convincing manner, to be able to take a longer-term view, this role is for you.
You will be an accomplished individual capable of developing pragmatic and creative solutions to people and organisational challenges with a demonstrable track record in a similar role.
What is this role about?
Your career profile will demonstrate how you have successfully managed and driven operational excellence and most importantly the planning and execution of Human Resources policies, procedures and best practice initiatives aligned to the various labour laws in the countries under your remit.
You will be an individual that proactively develops and maintains strong business partnering relationships with key stakeholders (Management, Employees, relevant Service Providers) to be able to provide the strategic support, guidance and cost-effective resolution required of the role.
Your main responsibility will be enhancing the business partnering model across the Region with delivery of operational tasks within the role with exceptional engagement strategies to do so. Push to make a strategic contribution and come up with people strategies that clearly add value to results.
You need to understand the business as well as the senior management team. This means knowing the business in depth not just the figures. You need to understand the business goals and exactly what levers need to be pulled to help the organization achieve them and to then use business measures to report success.
You will be reporting to the Human Resources Governance Manager and supported by the wider HR community to include the central employee services and talent acquisition teams.
The Human Resources Business Partner will contribute to the success of the company by providing operational excellence in planning, developing, implementing, and executing Human Resources procedures and initiatives.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
The Human Resources Business Partner will be accountable for a large part of the employee lifecycle, including:
Onboarding, Mobilisation and Departures
· Working closely with the Talent Acquisition Consultant to effectively and efficiently on-board new joiners
· Compliance: ensuring appropriate, complete and accurate documentation as required by local Authorities (Ministry of Labour, Visa offices etc) is provided to the PRO to enable the processing of employment visas prior to them joining SSH
· Working closely with the PRO and the General Manager of the respective hiring country, to provide updates on all incoming and outgoing employee mobilisation processes which in turn enables efficiencies in office space, desk planning, IT equipment, visa quotas etc.
· Conduct all new joiner inductions in the local office of Dubai and oversee this for all new joiners in other offices via local HR support. This includes but is not limited to issuing welcome emails, induction training, detailed explanation of Gulf HR(HRIS) and Deltek (timesheet system) and arranging a welcome briefing with the Resident Director
Advise stakeholders and provide support as required for all relocation, redeployment, and employee transfer matters
· Managing and overseeing all exit formalities of leavers including the analysis, reporting of- and recommendations identified in exit interview data/trends
· Submit relevant leaver documentation to Payroll and Finance to ensure leavers End of Service Benefits are processed in a timely manner.
· Report on-boarding and leaver trends in a written report to the HRGM and where necessary, immediately flag concerns to the HRGM.
· Proactively manage the annual employee performance management process for UAE, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar within agreed business timeframes including pay reviews, promotions and poor performance cases following the annual process.
· Ensure managers and employees understand the process and online system, auditing of objectives to ensure they are SMART and aligned to business objectives and/or departmental objectives, identifying poor performance and managing poor performance cases end-to-end and ensure a high performing culture across the region is in place.
· Proactively lead the probationary period of new employees to ensure the on-boarding process is a success.
· Be the first point of contact for general Employee Relations queries with the view to resolve these quickly and effectively with a positive outcome for both parties.
· Proactively identify and manage performance-, skills-, behavioural and capability gaps and devise a plan of action with relevant stakeholders (managers, leaders, employees) to be able to measure and report success of identify further course of action
· Management of disciplinary and grievance procedure across the region ensuring compliance with SSH policies and local labour laws.
· Providing guidance and support to managers for the utilisation of performance improvement plans, managing dismissals and redundancies in a fair and legally defendable manner.
Payroll and Benefit administration
· Ensure monthly payroll administration deadlines are met (Payroll is processed form a central point)
· Act as a conduit for the effective resolution of Payroll related queries to the Payroll team
· Proactively review and report on monthly claims reports to understand loss claims ratio with a plan of action to manage this for the quarter
· Manage benefits such as medical insurance renewal and communication of changes in benefits (if different from previous years)
Health & Wellbeing
· Working closely with the HRGM, develop a robust and exciting annual wellbeing calendar with the view to reduce loss claims ratio by 20% at renewal date, to increase employee engagement and to drive an internal wellbeing culture across the Region
· Monitor and report against monthly wellbeing calendar as part of SSH’s drive to become an employer of choice, using the data to consider in external communication efforts (on social media platforms).
· Provide support and guidance to Staff and Management on all Payroll related queries
· Drive a culture of performance, accountability and quality through engagement with employees
· Ensure compliance to statutory compliance and reporting
· Provide accurate monthly HR report to the HR Director on various HR metrics (monthly turnover, onboarding, and employee relations) and report monthly trends comparing to previous months/years.
· Make recommendation of how trends will be escalated, managed and changed to benefit the business and/or to drive a culture of high performance across the Region.
· Identify and report HR risks (flight risk, succession risk, employee relations issues, disengagement risks, employee branding, candidate risk, process risk, procedure risks) where these are not aligned to stakeholder business plans/strategy for 2019 -2023
HR Policies and Procedures / HRIS
· To proactively engage with IMS to identify HR standards, procedures and relevant laws to include in the IMS manual and to ensure implementation of agreed standards to retain our ISO standards (ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001)
· In line with Group HR and ISO standards, ensure adherence to and consistent application and updating of all HR policies and procedures as and when legislation changes are implemented
· Ensure Nationalisation (Emiratisation, Omanisation, Bahrainisation and Qatarisation) people management plans are aligned to company-wide Nationalisation plans with SSH’s view to produce quality national leaders of the future
· Advise when new policies are required and ensure correct interpretation, training and application of new policies and procedures
· Ensure full functionality of HRIS is used by self- and employees and that the system is understood, to increase compliance and employee satisfaction
Employee Engagement Survey
Working closely with the HRGM to:
· Lead the Regional Employee Engagement Survey process in terms of completion, participation, communication to employees
· Interpret and analyse survey results to develop key themes for agreed feedback to the Regional Director in the first instance), prior to sharing feedback with employees.
· Co-create a country-specific draft action plan based upon the direct feedback and results of this survey
· Lead Focus Groups to validate HR’s analysis, understand of trends- and DRAFT action plan prior to formalising the country-specific action plan
· Communicate the final action plan to the Region
· Ensure quarterly update against the plan is in place, via the Regional Director and/or General Manager for
What do I need to be successful in this position ?
Established professional credibility as evidenced by a degree or graduate degree from an accredited institution in human resources management and or a post graduate master’s and a related professional accreditation such as MCIPD or FCIPD would be highly advantageous but not essential
10+ years of human resources experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to build relationships and influence at all organizational levels.
Success as a people manager and mentor
Self-directs and works independently with minimal supervision and demonstrates flexibility and capability to perform well in ambiguous situations.
Takes initiative beyond the established scope of responsibilities, prioritizes process improvement and generates accurate and on-time work-product.
Exemplary self-organization skills regarding day-to-day operational responsibilities and assignments.
Demonstrated ability to model appropriate professional, ethical and collaborative behaviours consistent with the responsibilities of this position.
Current experience of operating as a HRBP across multiple GCC countries with a deep and broad understanding of employment legislation across the Middle East (UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman)
Willing to commit to 20% of your time travelling between regional offices
To apply, please reach out via email to Saadia, our Talent Acquisition Consultant based in Dubai, with your updated CV.
You must be a qualified human resource professional.
Established professional credibility as evidenced by a degree or graduate degree from an accredited institution in human resources management and or a post graduate master’s and a related professional accreditation such as MCIPD, FCIPD, CHRM, SHRM would be highly advantageous.
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.