We are currently searching for a Statutory Authority Officer to join our team in Abu Dhabi, UAE to work on a number of projects in the Middle East.
The Statutory Authority Officer to manage and ensure an efficient approval process and to provide all needed support related to Authority regulations affairs at all the project design phases and construction.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for team members with exceptional design skills, first class graphics and a passion for place making. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar and Cape Town.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Asses project briefs, risks, and opportunities to advise Clients on the best investments/development strategies for their projects.
• Assess feasibility of Client’s requirements from a building codes and land allocation Statutory Authorities perspective.
• Identify Statutory Authorities related project and proposal risks and opportunities, and propose and implement the mitigation strategies.
• Lead and direct the local team, provide advice, guidance, and feedback proactively.
• Conduct Quality Assurance checks of projects drawings before submitting to the client and to the governmental authorities.
• Review critical project situations, propose solutions, and implement solutions autonomously.
• Maintain a database of local Statutory Authorities regulations and codes.
• Track changes to codes and regulations and communicate changes across all company divisions.
• Assess implications of regulation changes on on-going projects.
• Regularly interact across SSH regional office with all departments, divisions, and Senior Management on proposal issues; advise and inputs on others’ work streams.
• Provides regular discipline-specific reports, forecasts, and statements.
• Review local policies, standards, and procedures in coordination with Statutory Authorities for planned developments procedural documentations, through steering committees.
• Develop the strategy to maximize SSH’s supervision undertaking areas to cover SSH contractual obligations.
• Develop and enhance the Kuwait local codes, regulations, and processes, with Statutory Authorities and Federation of Kuwait Engineering Offices &Consultants Houses, to assess implications of new design requirements based on the market needs.
• Provide support regarding all Statutory Authorities issues for the Senior Management and across all divisions.
• Provides recommendations to improve SSH data management systems, processes, procedures, and templates in relation to Statutory Authorities issues throughout the business.
• Demonstrate awareness of overall SSH long-term and short-term business strategies, and advocate and implement SSH’s Vision and Mission statements.
• Manage the Statutory Authorities department staff, evaluate their performance and provide feedback and mentorship to improve the staff’s performance and development and increase department efficiency.
What do I need to apply?
• Knowledge of Local Authorities laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of Local building codes.
• Mentor others through situations and issues.
• Building relationships with Senior Management and provides technical information as required.
• Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Knowledge of local and international standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements
• Knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to update professional technical knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
• Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
Degree and or Masters in Architectural or Civil Engineering
10+ year experience with previous exposure to International Markets.
Strong background in Engineering / Architectural Design and Supervision.
Bilingual in English and country of operation.
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivaled local knowledge.