Ureed.com is a tech company building a community platform that enables creative talents from around the world to connect with potential opportunities. Ureed.com has been used and loved by thousands of users and now our mandate is to continue providing our services to more countries and talent around the world.
Our mission is to transform the way people work with freelancers while constantly creating viable economic opportunities. Because we believe in the power of remote work and the freelance we work with.
Ureed.com is growing rapidly and we're constantly on the look for exceptional talent who would enable us to reach our vision and continue to serve the freelancers community. Being a freelancer is a bold decision, that's why we believe only bold people can help them deliver their best work and continue to do what they love at their own convenience.
Currently, the company is based out of one of the most exciting cities in the world, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A thriving tech hub and a pool for some of the best talent in the world.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a VP of Engineering to work closely with the CTO amp; CEO on building the Engineering and Data Science team in our mission by disrupting freelancers operates today. We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving hard problems, is passionate about finding innovative solutions, delights customers, and inspires colleagues. This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers and data scientists focused on developing, scaling, and commercializing Ureed.com
- Work closely with our product team in designing and implementing our platform strategy in delighting users
- Work with the management team and the board on planning and budgeting for engineering
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, implementation, and delivery of our data driven platform and applications.
- Foster a collaborative culture that is equally focused on achieving team goals and each individual team member's fulfillment and growth.
- Champion technical best practices across Data Engineering, Data Science, and Machine Learning in partnership with your Engineering team, define and iterate the technical architecture and stack to enable high performing and scalable processing capabilities that lead to measurable business outcomes.
- In partnership with your Data Science/ ML team, determine how to leverage best in class techniques and tools to deliver actionable insights to customers and freelancers.
- Support an organizational effort toward better understanding customer needs and pain points, and develop plans that further this goal.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Product, Design, Country Leadership, and executive team to define and build data-informed technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Attract and retain new engineering and data science talent.
- Proven success in leading engineering and data science teams in rapid product development
- Have strong technical domain know-how to coach and develop the engineering team
- Have a strong builder mentality, and know how to effectively rally people around a common goal
- Ability to attract, hire, and inspire world-class engineers and data scientists from all over the world
- Comfortable working with cross-boarder distributed teams
- Ability to tap into a network of freelancers and quickly get them on board for short term projects
- Demonstrated success of building a culture of innovation, ownership, and accountability.
- Strong strategic business acumen, change management, and continuous improvement champion
- Prior experience in the technical development and deployment of marketplace technology or related industries
- Prior knowledge with Python/Django/Flask backend stack.
- Prior knowledge of JS-based technologies for frontend engineering is a plus (TS, Angular, Express, NodeJS, etc.)
- Solid understanding and implementation experience in microservices infrastructure
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and methodologies in machine learning and data science is a huge plus
We're offering a competitive salary and stock option. Since this is a leadership position, stock option will be determined after the interview with the candidate.
- Home internet reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need it).
What to expect?
We’re building a global product with a global team that’s full of world-class talent. Our hiring process is designed to let your talent shine and for us to get to know each other so we know we’re the right fit.