Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support our growth, we are currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated and goal-focused MENA Regional Director with a hungry, sales-oriented and flexible approach as well as strong negotiation skills. The role requires a good general understanding of the governmental and international industrial markets and customer needs.
This role is based in the United Arab Emirates.
- Create and support the sales teams pipeline generation of profitable new business across all regions on an ad-hoc basis
- Support the delivery of the business strategy and plan, contributing ideas and opportunities
- Focus on new business opportunities, including client visits, calls and customer relationship management
- Support our focus on customer satisfaction, repeat business and developing new markets
- Provide support and lead on major contracts, tenders and quotations
- Update the pipeline/opportunities tool with new prospects to be followed up
- Support contract closing activities and capture lessons learned
- Explore opportunities for alliances and partnerships to exploit new markets and opportunities
- Determine and manage the territory pipeline and prospect list
- Ensure all necessary relationships with internal stakeholders are managed in support of delivering to the customer needs
- Actively support the product roadmap by ensuring customer feedback and requests are flowed into the relevant internal stakeholders
- Track competitor activity and provide timely updates on competitor news and intelligence to the team
- Report to the Director of Global Sales as a member of a skilled and motivated sales team and colleagues around the world
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly reports of business development activities
Your background, skillset and attributes:
- Experience holding client-focused roles related to business development e.g.: Relationship Manager, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Business Capture, Business Manager
- Previous experience working for a consulting services/solutions, space or aerospace or other complex business would be beneficial
- Proven track record securing new business opportunities in complex technology and market environment
- Proven track record of generation, identification, development, management, ownership and progression of opportunities leading to commitments and contracts for products and services, against defined targets
- Ownership and delivery of inputs required to support production of bid, proposal and other materials required by customers
- Act as an expert guide to the market
- A strong and current personal network within the Region would be a plus
- Experience in writing, appraising and negotiating contracts and commercial agreements
- Excellent English language skills
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development and research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- A competitive working environment in a dynamic atmosphere with modern job approach and benefits
- Modern tools to support your sales success
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until March 31, 2021. We will start interviews already during the application period, so act now!
If you are curious to know more about ICEYE and our culture, please have a look at our career site for more information. Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.